Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Storm










I will say something about heyokas and the heyoka ceremony, which seems to be very foolish, but is not so. Only those who have had visions of the thunder beings of the west can act as heyokas. They have sacred power and they share some of this with all the people, but they do it through funny actions. When a vision comes from the thunder beings of the west, it comes with terror like a thunder storm; but when the storm of vision has passed, the world is greener and happier; for wherever the truth of vision comes upon the world, it is like a rain. The world, you see, is happier after the terror of the storm. (Black Elk, 1932:192)






I stand in the eye
and see out.
I live in the heart
and know all that lives
lives for me
and so I sing
from my body
that is also a spirit
and I laugh
and I give thanks
in return for my miracles

I am a child of All that Is.
I surrender my love, my life, my will to the most high creation of Light and Truth and Power.

May all beings know themselves as Creator and may we all Create in Peace, as Peace, as Love.

Heyoka a hey0 hey-na!

ALOHA

No comments: